Thursday 12 January 2012

Finding Artemisia

I'm really excited to be in the last throws of getting my book, Finding Artemisia-a journey into ancient women's business, off the press. I can't wait to see how the cover is coming along. So much for the old addage you can't judge a book by its cover. So many of us are attracted to a book by its cover; its colour, its touch. And I want my cover to give the reader a feel for what is inside: a rich, textured journey of up and down shapes, of beauty, depth and majesty- like a woman's body, curvaceous, mysterious, changing in the light and shadows, swelling in the rain. I want my cover to feel like a woman's body because my book is a journey for women, taking them back into their wildness and out of the trap of body image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment